UK Tax Dates for 2019/2020 tax year
The fiscal year 2019-20 runs from 6th April 2019 to 5th April 2020 in the UK and has the following Important dates for income tax and payroll (PAYE)
PAYE Key Dates:
- 5th April 2019 – End of 2018/2019 tax year.
- 5th April 2019 – Deadline for claiming your PAYE tax refund for the tax year 2014/2015.
- 6th April 2019 – 1st day of the new tax year 2019/2020.
- 31st May 2019 – Copies of 2018//2020 P60 issued to employees.
- 6th July 2019 – Copies of 2018/2019 P11D issued to employees.
- 6th July 2019 – Last date for agreeing on payment settlement agreements for 2017/2018 if applicable.
- 6th April 2020 – End of tax year 2019/2020.
Self-Assessment Key Tax Dates:
- 31st January 2019 – Deadline for the first payment on account for the tax year 2018/2019.
- 5th April 2019 – Deadline for claiming tax overpaid for the 2014/2015 tax year under self-assessment.
- 31st July 2019 – Deadline for second payment on account for the tax year 2018/2019.
- 5th October 2019 – Deadline to register with HMRC if you became self-employed or started receiving income from the property.
- 31st October 2019 (12 a.m.) – Deadline for paper self-assessment returns for the 2019/2020 tax year.
- 30th December 2019 – Deadline for online submission of self-assessment tax returns for the year ending on 5th April 2018 for HMRC to collect tax through PAYE tax codes where they owe less than £3,000.
- 31st January 2020 (12 a.m.) – Deadline for online self-assessment tax returns for the 2018/2019 tax year.
- 31st January 2020 (12 a.m.) – Deadline for paying tax bill for the tax year ending on 5th April 2018/2019.
- 5th April 2020 – End of 2019/2020 tax year.