Tips to use dividends calculator
- If you are vat registered business please use figures net of vat
- If you are not vat registered business please gross figures for income and expenses i.e if you are charged vat then vat becomes part of your cost
- Make sure to use income and expenses from same time period
- P&L b/f from previous period is still available for dividends, if you had loss in previous period say 1000 and profit this period for 600, you are still in loss overall for 400. This means there are not enough reserves available for dividends
- Net salary is there for you to roughly get idea about take home money, you would still include gross wages and salaries as part of total expenditure for dividends calculations
- This calculator does not work out personal tax liability on dividends.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any further questions